Bang on a Can Marathon 2020 Live Online!
Bang on a Can is hosting its ALL LIVE Bang on a Can Marathon free to stream online. All Marathon performers and commissioned composers are being compensated by Bang on a Can.
You can watch this event #LiveOnTheSampler at the link above, or on Bang on a Can’s website here.
The event will be streamed live online on Sunday 3 May 2020, featuring 26 LIVE performances from musicians’ homes in NYC and around the country, and four world premieres by Dai Wei, Shara Nova, Molly Joyce, and Ken Thomson. Guest composers will be online to introduce their works.
In tandem with the 2020 live online Marathon, Bang on a Can will also launch its new digital archive, CANLAND; thirty-three years of collected music and associated ephemera will be made publicly accessible in its entirety on May 1, 2020, at 12pm ET.
Performance Schedule (Approx. Set Times) – Sunday 3 May
7:00pm (BST / UK time)
- Meredith Monk
- Cassie Wieland’s Heart, performed by Adam Holmes
- Robert Honstein’s Orison, performed by Ashley Bathgate
- Vijay Iyer
- Anna Clyne’s Rapture, performed by Eileen Mack
- George Lewis’ Voyager
- Shara Nova – New Work (world premiere)
- Adam Cuthbért
- Shelley Washington’s Black Mary, performed by Ken Thomson
- Martin Bresnick’s Ishi’s Song, performed by Lisa Moore
- Ken Thomson – New Work (world premiere), performed by Robert Black
- Nathalie Joachim
- David T. Little’s Hellhound, performed by Maya Beiser
- Miya Masaoka’s music for ichi-ten-kin, or one string koto
- Meara O’Reilly
- Vinko Globokar’s Toucher, performed by Steven Schick
- Zoë Keating
- Moor Mother
- Philip Glass’ “Knee Play 2” from Einstein on the Beach, performed by Tim Fain
- Mark Stewart’s To Whom it May Concern: Thank You
- Mary Halvorson
- Molly Joyce – New Work (world premiere), performed by David Cossin
- Ian Chang
- Steve Reich’s Vermont Counterpoint, performed by Claire Chase
- Dai Wei’s Songs for Shades of Crimson (world premiere), performed by Todd Reynolds
- John Adams’ China Gates performed by Vicky Chow
Set times are approximate
NOTE: Times have been adjusted to GMT from ET