Duo for Violin & Cello: Elise Batnes & Louisa Tuck
For the final chamber concert of the first weekend of JAM on the Marsh, Elise Batnes (Leader of the Oslo Philharmonic) and Lousia Tuck (Principal Cello of the Oslo Philharmonic) bring an eclectic recital to one of the Marsh’s most intimate churches.
Kodaly’s Duo for volin and cello, the centerpiece of this concert, models perfectly the cross-pollination of Hungarian folk materials and the formal structures of art music.
– Folkstone fra Lom – Sparre Olsen
– Six Figures – Howard Skempton
– Selected Morceaux (Duos) pour violon et violoncelle Op 39 – Reinhold Glière
– Duo for violin and cello Op 7 – Zoltán Kodály
– Passacaglia for violin and cello in G minor on a theme by Handel – Johan Halvorsen
Elise Båtnes (violin)
Louisa Tuck (cello)