Remote From Tumult: Pieces of a World Half-Remembered
Alexander Pullinger, Countertenor
Andrew Charity, Pianist
Christian Hey, Visual Director
‘REMOTE FROM TUMULT:
Pieces of a World Half-Remembered’
Something has happened to the world. Drastic attempts to fix it have virtually eliminated the music-making we once knew.
One night, two covert musicians resolve to escape their compound in search of a piano. It’s out there, somewhere. Or so they’ve heard.
Join us for this staged reverie of music from Before, and celebrate art for art’s sake.
Directed and Designed by Christian Hey, in collaboration with Alexander Pullinger, Countertenor, Andrew Charity, Piano, and Sands Films Music Room.
Can also be streamed online: https://watch.eventive.org/sandsmusic/play/620bb709cd6b4100d716e0a0
• Scenes from Childhood Op.1 Dreaming, Schumann
• Music for a While, Purcell (arr. Tippett/Bergmann)
• O Tuneful Voice, Haydn
• Gymnopédie no. 1, Satie
• Le Temps des Lilas, Chausson
• The New Ghost, Vaughan Williams
• Ständchen, Schubert
• Footprint in the Snow, Debussy
• O Solitude, Purcell (arr. Britten)
• Vissi d’arte (Tosca), Puccini