Soundcamp / Reveil 7
Reveil is a survey of planetary soundscapes lasting one earth day. It brings together live microphones from open windows, rooftops, gardens, forests, underwater and electromagnetic sites. Reveil works with Locus Sonus and other Creative Europe partners to share sounds, ecologies and atmospheres as part of an emerging Acoustic Commons.
An extended radio program features new commissions supported by Arts Council England:
• Pitch, a collaboration between Public Works, Soundcamp and Michael Speers, prototypes listening structures to connect the School for Civic Action in Creative Quarantine.
• Open Work, Second Body (Sophie Dyer, Sasha Engelmann) relay live atmospheric data from satellites over South London.
• Nightcall Radio (Kate Donovan – Berlin CET) a radio ecosystem spanning scales and species at dusk.
• Ella Finer convenes the Acoustic Commons Study Group.
• Shortwave Listening – broadcasting tools by Hannah Kemp-Welch.
• Rachel Sale will make drawings from live listening notes from Rachel Yalisove