SOUND TRACKS Ep.1: Sounds of the CityNewtoy _Online
An exciting interactive session in which you will invent new ways of perceiving the city using sounds you’ll create with…
The Listening Arts Channel is an online programme of free workshops and activities about the act of Listening. A valuable creative learning resource
Season 3 will run from Jan 8th – Feb 28th 2021 – see below for a list of all the episodes.
The first season of 2021 with dozens of episodes and series to tune in to. All free aside from a small number of professional workshops.
Membership schemes exist to browse the extensive archive and discounts on courses.
There are five categories for the programme:
• Early Years Listening – Intended to motivate young people to listen to their surroundings and be active using their ears. In this category, we also focus on client groups of mixed abilities and special education needs and their families.
• Listening to Ourselves – we examine different ways in which the act of listening can be guided to enhance and develop self-awareness and the awareness of others, and use the act and practice of listening as a thread that binds core selfhoods between individuals. From Deep Listening and meditative practice to voicing and listening to opinions about current affairs.
• Listening Spaces – We expand the concept of the space around us. From exploring sounds in close proximity to our ears and their sense of directionality to the sounds that exist on the further reaches of our hearing capabilities. How listening can manipulate the meaning we gave spaces around us.
• Cultures of Listening – We choose to think of culture in this context as a meaning that is drawn towards the metaphor and beyond the listener and the listened to.
• Listening Skills – Personal, participatory and professional development courses
BINAURAL SOUNDSCAPES Ep.1: Harry’s Weir
BINAURAL SOUNDSCAPES Ep.2: Umzumbi
BINAURAL SOUNDSCAPES Ep.3: Waterhole, Eagle’s Nest & Mabalel Rock
BINAURAL SOUNDSCAPES Ep.4: Overnight at Harry’s Weir
PHONODOC II Ep.3: Phonography as a Social Document
PHONODOC II Ep.4: Guerrilla Phonographies
PHONODOC II Ep.5: Archeology of Resonances
RADIOPHONICS Ep.1: History of Sound Design & Foley Art
RADIOPHONICS Ep.2: A practical Workshop on Foley Art
RADIOPHONICS Ep.3: History of Radio and the History of Foley
RADIOPHONICS Ep.4: A Practical Workshop on Creating Stories & Sounds (Live Session)
RADIOPHONICS Ep.5: The Futurists’ Exploration on Sound at the start of the C20th
RADIOPHONICS: Collaboration to make a short Radio Show / Podcast (Live & Participatory Session)
SONIC EXPERIMENTS II Ep.1: Graphic Score
SONIC EXPERIMENTS II Ep.2: Making Music Online
SONIC EXPERIMENTS II Ep.3: Music and Sound for Video Games
SONOMATECA II Ep.1: Shoes
SONOMATECA II Ep.2: Skirt
SONOMATECA II Ep.3: Trousers
SONOMATECA II Ep.4: Underwear
SONOMATECA II Ep.5: Gloves
SOUND ART & SOCIAL HISTORY Ep.2: Field Recording
SOUND ART & SOCIAL HISTORY Ep.3: The Voice
SOUND ART & SOCIAL HISTORY Ep.4: Sound Manipulation
SOUND BATH II Ep.2: Water, Flow and Adaptation
SOUND BATH II Ep.3: Fire and Creativity
SOUND BATH II Ep.4: Air, Communication and Flexibility
SOUND BATH II Ep.5: Space: Connection
TELEMATIC IMPROVISATION: Listening
TELEMATIC IMPROVISATION: Moving
TELEMATIC IMPROVISATION: Seeing
TELEMATIC IMPROVISATION: Teleporting
THE WORLD AS A COMPOSER Ep.1: Oxford
THE WORLD AS A COMPOSER Ep.2: Kranska Gora
THE WORLD AS A COMPOSER Ep.3: New Orleans
THE WORLD AS A COMPOSER Ep.4: Tokyo