Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you have any enquiries relating to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
The Sampler Privacy and Cookies Policy Overview
We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for everyone. This page answers some important questions about how we can collect, use and protect your personal details.
When you interact with The Sampler we sometimes receive personal information about you.
For example, if you write to us or sign up to a newsletter, you might tell us who you are, how we can contact you, where you live and what you think of us.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:-
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.thesampler.org – this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data
How we use your information
You authorise us to use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through the website by us or our partners.
To enable us to review, develop and improve our services and provide you and other users with relevant information about our services (eg through a newsletter or a news alert)
To personalise the way The Sampler and Sound and Music content is presented to you (eg if you tell us your post code we may use this information to customise your view of the events relevant to your region)
Your data protection choices
You can manage all your subscription options including your email notification preferences easily within your account. For example, should you wish, you can opt in or out of receiving direct marketing from us at any stage by deselecting the relevant box on your options page and saving the changes.
We won’t disclose your personal information to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes unless you specifically agree.
We have security measures in place to ensure as far as is reasonably possible that your personal information is protected and kept confidential. However, by submitting your personal information to us, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of your personal information as it may be compromised by unauthorised access, hardware or software failure or other relevant factors. If you would like to find out more about our security measures, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookies – are information files created when you visit a site and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive and do not expire at the end of your session
- A Browser – is a program used to search for and display web pages;
- An Internet Protocol address – is a technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices;
- A Webserver – delivers web pages to a computer, in response to a request from a Browser
Please address any questions to:
The Data Protection Officer
Sound and Music
The Organisation for New Music and Sound – (trading as Sound and Music)
A company limited by guarantee registered in England under number 6581022
Registered office: Oxford House, Derbyshire St, London W2 6HG
Updated – 08 June 2021