We are seeking a part-time freelance co-curator to work alongside our Artistic Director, Marketing & Fundraising personnel, and network of freelancers. This role can be done remotely with physical presence when required (Manchester).
At KINETIC, we programme/commission modern experimental arts with a humanist spirit, creating memorable audience experiences exploring multi-sensory phenomena and a whole range of concepts. Our roots are in experimental music but through our interests, there are no disciplinary boundaries in our programming. We present experiences outside of traditionally used spaces, encouraging more communicative, intimate relationships between audiences, performers and artists. We balance support between local, emerging artists and more established national and internationally renowned artists.
We’re in the process of becoming a registered CIC (community interest company). Currently we work on a project-by-project basis using public funding, with no salaries or set hours, but soon envisage a situation whereby all core costs are covered. At present we are submitting funding proposals for two exciting projects for the Summer/Autumn.
As a non-for-profit entity, in this early stage of our business, this role will be paid at £15p/h.
– Curating experience, supervising the planning and delivery of events/projects in any art-form. Music/sound art experience a bonus.
– Well connected in the modern experimental arts community. Knowledge of the Manchester scene and international connections are bonuses.
– Enthusiasm for our recent programming.
– A passion for the role of art in wellbeing, building/preserving communities, and a desire to create more inclusive experimental art experiences.
– Ability to take initiative on creative ideas and work well within a team including myself and two others working in marketing/PR/fundraising, and extra freelancers as and when required.
– Fundraising experience.
– Good communication skills, verbal and written.
– Basic technical knowledge.
– Proactive, positive, optimistic attitude.
KINETIC are committed to diversity and equality of opportunity and particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in the arts sector.
To apply, complete the form at: https://forms.gle/b2HFALJRMVEMnrYe9 before 23:59 on Friday 12th March. Interviews will take place via Zoom in early April. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.